VUNG TAU - LONG TAN - NUI DAT 2 DAYS TRIP
Vung Tau is an old port town to the southeast of Ho Chi Minh City, developed under the French as a seaside resort called Cap Saint Jacques. Known as Cap St. Jacques by the French, Vung Tau is a popular weekend getaway for Ho Chi Minh City residents.
This itinerary is designed for Australian and New Zealand veterans and their relatives and friends, and visitors interested in the battle sites where those countries soldiers fought and died. The focus will be on the sights – wherever possible, we bring past combatants together in a spirit of reconciliation.
|Day 1||SAIGON - VUNG TAU (B/L)|
|Day 2||VUNG TAU - LONG TAN - NUI DAT – SAIGON (B/L)|
In the morning, transfer to the ferry for a relaxing hydrofoil ride (2 hours) along Saigon River to Vung Tau. Enjoy scenic landscapes en-route. On arrival, drive to visit:
- Thich Ca Phat Dai Pagoda: this is a hillside park of a monumental Buddhist statuary built in the early 1960s. It is a must-see site for domestic tourists.
- Light House: The 360-degree view of the entire hammer-head-shape peninsula from the light house is truly spectacular, especially at the sun-set
- Giant Jesus: This 30m-high Giant Jesus statue was constructed in 1974 by the light house. The statue can be reached on foot by a path that heads up the hill.
- White Villa: The Villa Blanche is a former royal residence set on a lushly forested hillside overlooking the sea. It was built in 1909 as a retreat for French governor Paul Doumer. It later became a summer palace for Vietnamese royalty: King Thanh Thai reigning the Nguyen Dynasty. From the late 1960s to early 1970s, the building was a part-time playground for South Vietnam President Thieu.
Today the building serves as a museum housing antiques dating from centuries ago
Relaxing on Vung Tau beaches and overnight at Vung Tau.
In the morning, you will be picked up at your hotel for the drive to visit the Long Tan Cross, Horse Shoe then to Long Phuoc Tunnels en-route.
After lunch, visit Nui Dat (SAS Hill).
Return to Hochiminh city in the afternoon.
Rates (PER PERSON IN USD)
|Accommodation||1 pax||2 pax||3 pax||4 pax||5 pax||6 pax||7 pax||8 pax or more||Single supplements|
|Depart from: |
|Ho Chi Minh|
Ho Chi Minh
White Villa, Giant Jesus, Giant Buddha statue, Light House & beaches, Long Tan Cross, Horse Shoe, Long Phuoc Tunnels, Nui Dat (SAS Hill)
What to take: We suggest a small, lightweight day pack for cameras, spare film, drinking water and comfortable working shoes.
- Transfer in private air-conditioned vehicle
- Hydrofoil Saigon – Vung Tau 1 way
- English speaking guide
- Accommodation based on twin share (Hotel List: Cap Saint Jacques, Palace, Sammy)
- All admission fees
- Bottled waters
- Personal expenses
- Tips and Gratuities
Additional info: You will be collected from your hotel. Pick up time will be advised upon confirmation of booking.
* Please be aware that flight times, hotels and all other logistics, services and days of travel are subject to availability.
* The traveling times mentioned within this itinerary are approximations only. These times will vary according to weather, road, traffic or any other prevailing conditions.
* In the event of any cause beyond reasonable control, including but not limited to: Acts of God, Natural Disasters, Acts of War or Terrorism, Strike, Orders or Regulations of the Government etc., Viet Journey Co., Ltd. will bear no responsibility for not providing travel services, accommodation, meals, laundry, transportation or any other services as agreed between Viet Journey Co., Ltd. and clients. Party A will, in any case, undertake to do all within its power to assist the clients.
We have received your request and will respond within 24 hours. For urgent requests please call us at the number below.
(+84) 983 961 596