MEKONG FLOATING MARKET VISIT 2 DAYS TOUR
The Mekong Delta is the southernmost region of Vietnam. It is often referred to as the rice bowl of Vietnam as it produces three harvests per year. The fertile Mekong Delta is also famous for its tropical fruits and flowers. The Delta area marks the end of a 4,500 km journey made by the Mekong River after having traveled through six countries. Traditional transportation in the Delta is by boat along a vast network of canals and channels. Boating along these canals and visiting the floating markets always proves to be a fascinating and rewarding experience for all visitors.
|Day 1||HO CHI MINH - CAI BE FLOATING MARKET - CAN THO (B/L)|
|Day 2||CAI RANG FLOATING MARKET - HO CHI MINH (B/L)|
Start with our 2-hour drive to Cai Be, where we board our private boat for a cruise through the busy Cai Be floating market. We then make a stop to visit some local cottage industries such as the coconut candy workshop, learn how to make puffed-rice, puff-corn, or witnessing the process of making rice paper.
Continue with our cruise through the maze of canals the crisscross the An Binh island, we land at Ancient house. Here we can enjoy devouring the fresh tropical fruits of the Delta, while having a short traditional music show performed by local artists. Lunch at a local garden restaurant. After lunch, we have a short walk around the island to see how the people here make their living and enjoying their life. We carry on to a Nursery garden, where you can see most of the Delta fruits seedlings. The final point of visit will be a Brick & pottery kiln.
Docking in Vinh Long, we go for 1-hour drive to Can Tho. Overnight in Can Tho.
7:30AM: We leave the hotel, board a motor boat along the Mighty Mekong River to Cai Rang floating market, the largest of its kind, where a colorful display of boats carrying juicy fruits and vegetables gather for daily exchanging.
Then we continue the cruise & walk on a quiet country road to take in the magnificent scenery and get close to the locals as they go about their daily routine (visit the Noodle Factory).
Late morning, the boat takes us across Mekong River to Vinh Long on the other side. On arrival, visit the local village making incense stick before drive back to HCMC.
Stop for lunch en-route.
Arrive back Ho Chi Minh in the afternoon. End of service.
Rates (PER PERSON IN USD)
|Accommodation||1 pax||2 pax||3 pax||4 pax||5 pax||6 pax||7 pax||8 pax or more||Single supplements|
|Depart from: |
|Ho Chi Minh |
Ho Chi Minh
Walking, boat trip
Boat trips in Mekong river, Cai Be floating market, Cai Rang floating market.
What to take: We suggest a small, lightweight day pack for cameras, spare film, drinking water and comfortable walking shoes.
- Air-conditioned transportation by private vehicle
- Accommodation based on twin share (Ninh Kieu / Saigon Cantho Hotel or Phuong Dong Hotel)
- Boat trips & all relevant entrance fees
- English speaking guide
- Meals as indicated in itinerary
- Personal expenses
- Tips & gratuities
Additional info: You will be collected from your hotel. Pick up time will be advised upon confirmation of booking.
* Please be aware that flight times, hotels and all other logistics, services and days of travel are subject to availability.
* The traveling times mentioned within this itinerary are approximations only. These times will vary according to weather, road, traffic or any other prevailing conditions.
* In the event of any cause beyond reasonable control, including but not limited to: Acts of God, Natural Disasters, Acts of War or Terrorism, Strike, Orders or Regulations of the Government etc., Viet Journey Co., Ltd. will bear no responsibility for not providing travel services, accommodation, meals, laundry, transportation or any other services as agreed between Viet Journey Co., Ltd. and clients. Party A will, in any case, undertake to do all within its power to assist the clients.
We have received your request and will respond within 24 hours. For urgent requests please call us at the number below.
(+84) 983 961 596