CU CHI TUNNELS HALF DAY TOUR
At its height the tunnel system stretched over 250 km. from Saigon to the Cambodian border and was three levels deep. The network included innumerable trap doors, specially constructed living areas, storage facilities, weapons factories, field hospitals, command centers and kitchens. Today the remaining tunnels have become a major tourist attraction giving the visitor a unique experience and a feel of what underground life in the American war must have been like. The tunnels have been widened for our benefit (otherwise we would not be able to enter them!) For those interested there's even the opportunity to fire off rounds from an AK47 or MK16 at the nearby rifle range.
Leaving Saigon, we drive through pleasant countryside before arriving at Cu Chi. Before entering the tunnels, we watch a short introductory video showing how the tunnels were constructed. We then spend the next hour exploring the maze of tunnels. Also, on display are various mantraps and the remains of an American tank as well as numerous bomb craters made by 500-pound bombs dropped by B52 bombers. We then drive back to Ho Chi Minh City arriving at approximately 1:00 PM.
Rates (PER PERSON IN USD)
|Accommodation||1 pax||2 pax||3 pax||4 pax||5 pax||6 pax||7 pax||8 pax or more|
|Depart from: |
|Ho Chi Minh |
Ho Chi Minh
Walking, historical sightseeing
Cu Chi tunnels
What to take:
We suggest a small, lightweight day pack for cameras, spare film, drinking water and comfortable walking shoes.
- Transfer in private air-conditioned vehicle
- English speaking guide
- All admission fees
- Reasonable supply of drinking water
- Personal expenses
- Tips and Gratuities
You will be collected from your hotel. Pick up time will be advised upon confirmation of booking.
* Please be aware that flight times, hotels and all other logistics, services and days of travel are subject to availability.
* The traveling times mentioned within this itinerary are approximations only. These times will vary according to weather, road, traffic or any other prevailing conditions.
* In the event of any cause beyond reasonable control, including but not limited to: Acts of God, Natural Disasters, Acts of War or Terrorism, Strike, Orders or Regulations of the Government etc., Viet Journey Co., Ltd. will bear no responsibility for not providing travel services, accommodation, meals, laundry, transportation or any other services as agreed between Viet Journey Co., Ltd. and clients. Party A will, in any case, undertake to do all within its power to assist the clients.
We have received your request and will respond within 24 hours. For urgent requests please call us at the number below.
(+84) 983 961 596