CU CHI & MEKONG DELTA 2 DAYS TRIP
|Day 1||SAIGON - CU CHI - MYTHO (B/L)|
|Day 2||MY THO - CAI BE FLOATING MARKET (B/L)|
Leaving Saigon, we drive through pleasant countryside before arriving at Cu Chi. Before entering the tunnels, we watch a short introductory video showing how the tunnels were constructed. We then spend the next hour exploring the maze of tunnels. Also, on display are various mantraps and the remains of an American tank as well as numerous bomb craters made by 500-pound bombs dropped by B52 bombers.
Proceed to My Tho (around 45km). Stop at Mekong Rest Stop in the middle way for lunch then keep going to My Tho where we take our private boat, which shall start off by driving us to Turtle Island, a beautiful island with many orchards. Here we can enjoy a variety of tropical fruits while listening to traditional South Vietnamese folk songs performed by local artists. Then, we are going to a Bee Farm, where we can play with the pythons, try some honey tea, and taste local confectionery. Finally, we will have a short rowing boat ride to our main boat, which in turn will take us go back to the harbor over night at My Tho.
After breakfast drive to Cai Be. On arrival, take boat trip to the floating market at Cai Be, to an authentic Delta house, to a fruit wholesale market, and to a family-run business producing rice paper - a key ingredient in Vietnamese cuisine.
We then visit some local cottage industries such as the coconut candy workshop, learn how to make pop-rice, or witnessing the process of making rice paper.
Continue with our cruise through the maze of canals the crisscross the An Binh Island, we land at an ancient house. Here we taste the fresh tropical fruits of the Delta and have lunch with local cuisines.
After lunch, take a short row on local sampan, then get back on motor boat to the Nursery Garden of Mr. Tam Ho. Continue cruising to visit the Brick & pottery kiln then to Vinh Long town.
Drive back from Vinh Long town to Ho Chi Minh. End of service.
Rates (PER PERSON IN USD)
|Accommodation||1 pax||2 pax||3 pax||4 pax||5 pax||6 pax||7 pax||8 pax or more||Single supplements|
Ho Chi Minh City
Ho Chi Minh City
Boating, Walking, Rowing Sampan
Cu Chi, Cruising Mekong river on Local boat, Evergreen Ben Tre, Cai Be floating market.
What to take:
We suggest a small, lightweight day pack for cameras, spare film, drinking water and comfortable walking shoes.
- Air-conditioned transportation by private vehicle
- English speaking guide
- Meals as stated
- Accommodation based on twin share at Chuong Duong Hotel
- Boat trips in Mekong Delta
- Entrance fees
- Travel insurance
- Personal expenses
* Please be aware that flight times, hotels and all other logistics, services and days of travel are subject to availability.
* The traveling times mentioned within this itinerary are approximations only. These times will vary according to weather, road, traffic or any other prevailing conditions.
* In the event of any cause beyond reasonable control, including but not limited to: Acts of God, Natural Disasters, Acts of War or Terrorism, Strike, Orders or Regulations of the Government etc., Viet Journey Co., Ltd. will bear no responsibility for not providing travel services, accommodation, meals, laundry, transportation or any other services as agreed between Viet Journey Co., Ltd. and clients. Party A will, in any case, undertake to do all within its power to assist the clients.
We have received your request and will respond within 24 hours. For urgent requests please call us at the number below.
(+84) 983 961 596