A GLIMPSE OF MEKONG DELTA 2 DAYS TOUR
My Tho & Ben Tre are dotted with serene Buddhist pagodas and surrounded by vast paddy fields and dense fruit gardens. Visitors can enjoy a cruise on boats and hand-rowed sampans viewing the daily activities of the local people along the tributaries of the Mekong River and taste fresh tropical fruit and honey directly from beehives on fertile islets.
Known as the biggest city of the Mekong Delta, Can Tho is located on the right bank of the Bassac River, the lower branch of the Mekong. This friendly, bustling city is connected to most other population centers in the Mekong Delta by a system of roads, rivers and canals. The most prominent feature of this area is the image of wholesale floating markets where buyers and sellers move around by boat, presenting typical activities of the locals living in the Mekong Delta.
|Day 1||HO CHI MINH - MYTHO - BENTRE - CAN THO (B/L)|
|Day 2||CAN THO - CAI RANG FLOATING MARKET – HO CHI MINH (B/L)|
We drive to My Tho, where we get on our private boat, which shall start off by driving us to Turtle island, a beautiful island with many orchards. Here we can enjoy a variety of tropical fruits while listening to traditional South Vietnamese folk songs performed by local artists.
Then, we are going on a short horse cart ride to a Bee Farm, where we can play with the pythons, try some honey tea, and taste local confectionery.
Finally, we will have a short rowing boat ride to our main boat, which in turn will take us to Phoenix island where will have our lunch. After lunch, we go back to the harbor. Drive to Can Tho.
Overnight in Can Tho.
7:30AM: We leave the hotel, board a motor boat along the Mighty Mekong River to Cai Rang floating market, the largest of its kind, where a colorful display of boats carrying juicy fruits and vegetables gather for daily exchanging. Then we continue the cruise & walk on a quiet country road to take in the magnificent scenery and get close to the locals as they go about their daily routine (visit the Noodle Factory or the Crocodile Farm).
Late morning, the boat takes us across Mekong River to Vinh Long on the other side. On arrival, visit the local village making incense stick before drive back to Hochiminh City.
Stop for lunch en-route.
Arrive back Ho Chi Minh in the afternoon. End of service.
Rates (PER PERSON IN USD)
|Accommodation||1 pax||2 pax||3 pax||4 pax||5 pax||6 pax||7 pax||8 pax or more||Single supplements|
|Depart from: |
|Ho Chi Minh|
Ho Chi Minh
Walking, boat trip
Boat trip in Mekong river, Evergreen Mytho & Bentre, Cairang floating market, daily life of local people
What to take:
We suggest a small, lightweight daypack for cameras, spare film, drinking water and comfortable walking shoes.
- Air-conditioned transportation by private vehicle
- Accommodation based on 3 * Hotel (Hotel List: Ninh Kieu, Asia)
- English speaking guide
- Boat trips
- Entrance fees
- Meals as indicated in itinerary
- Personal expenses
- Tips & gratuities
You will be collected from your hotel. Pick up time will be advised upon confirmation of booking.
* Please be aware that flight times, hotels and all other logistics, services and days of travel are subject to availability.
* The traveling times mentioned within this itinerary are approximations only. These times will vary according to weather, road, traffic or any other prevailing conditions.
* In the event of any cause beyond reasonable control, including but not limited to: Acts of God, Natural Disasters, Acts of War or Terrorism, Strike, Orders or Regulations of the Government etc., Viet Journey Co., Ltd. will bear no responsibility for not providing travel services, accommodation, meals, laundry, transportation or any other services as agreed between Viet Journey Co., Ltd. and clients. Party A will, in any case, undertake to do all within its power to assist the clients.
We have received your request and will respond within 24 hours. For urgent requests please call us at the number below.
(+84) 983 961 596